- Dark cocoa powder or Freeze Dried Cacao Paste (dense with antioxidants)
- Carob powder is good also and it has it's own sweetener.
- organically grown Sunflower lecithin Powder (granules are difficult to melt) helps harden. lecithin comes from sludge left after crude oil goes through a ‘degumming’ process. It is a waste product containing solvents and pesticides and has a consistency ranging from a gummy fluid to a plastic solid. So do your research.
- Coconut oil
- Coconut shredded ?
- Sweetener like Stevia or Maple syrup (not too much)
- Umiboshi vinegar (salt and tartness)
- Orange zest or lemon will do (zest cutter and organic fruit)
- Vanilla? Rum flavor? Cinnamon? Ginger? Nutmeg?
- Fine ground coffee beans??
- Hazelnut, Pecan, Almond or Walnut butter (or ground) ??
- Dried Cherries? Minced
- Milk dry powder?
In a double boiler melt the oil and the lecithin together.
Then add the cocoa a little at a time and taste it, if you make a thick paste it may be too bitter.
A thin hot mix can be poured over popcorn!