- Almond milk is a blend of rice carbohydrates and other unrelated stuff, unless you make it your self by soaking and blending almonds.
- Eggs are the most important part, because they have fat in them
- Egg white is the best protein! Powder is very expensive. Just get an egg separator.
- Coconut milk sounds good to me.
- Greek Yogurt or any kind is really good for a topping.
- Wheat germ? Sweet nutty flavor. high carb.
- Cocoa will disguise flavors.
- Carob has more carbs, but it is sweat! high cab.
- Vanilla bean powder? Or extract without alcohol!
- Stevia (refined crystals do not have a bad after taste, but it is much stronger than sugar, be careful)
- Banana for sweeter would be better than sugar. They do have a lot of carbohydrates, but goodly amounts of potassium. high carb.
- Mint extract. Peppermint with cocoa.
- Strawberry! Fresh or powder would be fantastic in this.
- Hemp protein powder tastes like dirt. But it can be disguised with cocoa.
- Chlorella or Spirolina? Both green slime, but they can't be as bad as if it were right out of the swamp!
- Maca powder, a root imported from south america! Another $cam!!
- Whey protein is a $cam even if it is protein! But is it? and it has toomuch cabohydrates.
- Acidophilus would be very good in this, for the live intestinal bacteria. Digestion is the key to good health.
Instead, I would recommend traditional diets – soups made with homemade bone broth, plenty of pastured butter and eggs, grass-fed meats and dairy, and seasonal produce. Not that anyone can afford that any longer.
With fermented cod liver oil and high vitamin butter oil, and therapeutic consumption of bone broths, you will be ensured optimal Supplementation health far more than powdered protein in any form. Infact you should just forget about the protein shakes unless you can find a way to put enough fat into them. (Home made Almond milk; Almond four; Coconut flour; Eggs: duck eggs have more fat).
That is why I say protein shakes! Not powder!